[superior corrosion resistance with hygienically clean surfaces and no direction lines]
Electropolishing at A.M. Metal Finishing:
- • 200/300/400 series stainless steel
- • RMS finish specifications
- • Passivation & Turco Cleaning
- • Prototype or high volume runs
- • 3-5 day Turnaround (expedite available)
- • Abrasive blasting
- • Protective packaging
Call A.M. Metal Finishing at 407-843-0182 for all your finishing needs.
Electropolishing Services in Orlando
Mechanical finishing systems tend to smear, bend, stress and even fracture the crystalline metal surface to achieve smoothness or luster. Electropolishing removes surface metal in a unidirectional pattern that is both stress- and occlusion-free, microscopically smooth and often highly reflective.
Plus, improved corrosion resistance and passivity are achieved on many ferrous and non-ferrous alloys. Electropolishing micro- and macro-polishes metal. Micro-polishing accounts for brightness and micro-polishing accounts for the smoothness of the metal part.
Deburring is accomplished quickly. The current density is higher on the burr while oxygen shields the valleys, enabling the constant exposure of the burr tip.
There is no metal embrittlement imparted to the part because the metal part is bathed in oxygen. Electropolishing acts like a stress-relief anneal by removing Hydrogen from the surface, an important consideration for parts placed under torque.
Bacteria cannot multiply successfully on a surface devoid of Hydrogen. Electropolishing is the ideal process for medical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor and food-processing equipment and parts.
- Stress relief of surface
- Removes oxide
- Passivation of stainless steel
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Hygienically clean surfaces
- Decarbonization of metals
- No Hydrogen embrittlement
- No direction lines
- Low resistance welding surfaces
- Reduce friction
- Polishes & de burrs odd-shaped parts simultaneously
- Radiuses or shapes edges depending on rack position
- Reduces annealing steps
For more information concerning Electropolishing services in Orlando please contact us.
Industries Served by Electropolishing
- Surgical, Medical & Dental – instruments
- Pharmaceutical – research equipment
- Marine – meat and fish hooks
- Aircraft – stainless steel components
- Food Processing – industry equipment
- Automotive – stampings, wire goods
- Boating, Fishing and Swimming pool accessories
Electropolishing has the ability to be used on irregularly shaped objects, such as stainless steel drums of washing machines, stainless steel surgical devices, and copper semiconductors.
Did You Know?
Ultra-high vacuum (UHV) components are typically electropolished in order to have a smoother surface for improved vacuum pressures, out-gassing rates, and pumping speed. By using a combination of chemicals and electrical current, electropolishing carefully removes surface imperfections and contaminants from metal parts.
A.M. Metal Finishing offers 200, 300 and 400 series stainless steel electropolishing. It can be combined with passivation and Turco cleaning. Whether you need a single prototype or have a high volume run, A.M. Metal can accommodate your electropolishing needs.
Our typical turnaround is 3 to 5 days, however, we offer expedited services as well. Every project is complete when it reaches our excellent shipping department where it receives protective packaging to protect that beautiful shine! Contact us at 407-843-0182 if you have parts which require electropolishing.